FireDaemon is the #1 service management solution for Windows, trusted by customers worldwide to provide 100% uptime of their applications.
You can create a service in seconds without modifying any of your existing applications and keep it running without the need of an end user session.
FireDaemon Pro allows you to schedule, configure, install and run your application program executable or script as a Windows Service.
FireDaemon will run native 32-bit or 64-bit applications (EXE or DLL), shortcuts or scripting / interpreted languages including
Java, .NET, Perl, Batch (BAT/CMD), Python, Ruby, TCL/TK and PHP as a Windows service!
Why Install Your Application Program as a Windows Service?
Running your application program executable under FireDaemon is easy and requires no modification to your existing program. Key benefits include:
- Ability to start your application before you login and run continually across multiple user sessions (either interactively or silently)
- Secure your application against unintentional or malicious shutdown
- Restart your application in the event of failure or at scheduled predetermined intervals
- Ability to modify your application's CPU priority and bind to specific processors or cores
- Execute additional transient programs during the service lifecycle
- Control, log and close pop-ups that your application might display
- Assists in meeting various government regulations, Acts and standards pertaining to computing systems robustness, security, management, access and control (eg. Sarbanes-Oxley, ITIL).
- Run any application or script persistently as a Windows service from system boot - no user logon session required
- Run your application interactively or silently
- Edit built-in Windows services
- Manage your services via web browser or mobile phone with PanelDaemon
- Monitor and restart services in the event of failure
- Integrate services with Service Control Manager Service Recovery options
- Prioritization your application and place them in job groups
- Schedule your service to run at certain times or be restarted automatically
- Automatically close pop-ups
- Requires negligible memory and CPU consumption
- Configure your services via feature rich UI or at the command line via XML - no need to purchase separate products
- Comprehensive logging and debugging (Windows event logs, debug and output capture log files)
- Bind your service to specific CPUs or cores
- Runs on all Microsoft operating systems (32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008)
- Compatible with Active Directory and Server Clusters
- Runs on all virtualized operating systems (eg. VMware, Hyper-V, Virtual PC, Parallels, Xen)
- Community oriented fanatical technical and sales support
- Extensive documentation, FAQs and HOWTOs